Sunday, January 13, 2013

Supernatural

Finally saw another movie I've wanted to see for a long time. The 1933 Supernartural by the Halperin Brothers  (White Zombie). Carol Lombard is a socialite whose body is possessed by a female artist, and 3 time strangler who is executed.  There's a great self portrait in Rogen's studio in the movie who I'd like to know who painted. I'm always interested who paints the pictures in these old movies. Mixed with 30's pre code luridness and deco  glamor I loved this movie. And Lombard, who made many great films, looked incredible with lovely cinematography.
And tho the article says you might not recognize her with her possession make-up thats not really the case, its subtle and I'd say she looked even better:-) Beatiful poster too.






And cool little article I grabbed here.




No comments: